Tuesday, 26 June 2012

Come What May, and Love It!

Have you ever wondered how things would be different if you had made a different choice, met different people, etc? Well I sure have, and it has gotten me thinking lately about how different my life would be if it had not been for people that have come, some stayed and some have gone, but changed my life none the less. Some have given me the experience of heart ache and trouble, but experience comes along with all of lifes challenges, and what one decides to do with those experiences is something that will accompany him or her for the rest of his or her life.
 I have found myself wondering on occassion, what kind of person would I have been if I had grown up somewhere else? Grown up in a different time, or with a completely different lifestyle than I was blessed with?
And I used to think, maybe i'd be skinnier, more tan, a complete snob, or heck maybe I'd be a swimmer instead of a balla! Or not even play sports at all for that matter. Who knows!
Now, instead of posing those kinds of questions to myself, I instead find myself thinking, what kind of person will I be in the future? In what ways will I change, for the better or worse, from the challenges and obstacles that I will and have encountered.
I have come to the conclusion, that we are who we set out to be. Speaking from my own personal experience here, because oh hey, its my blog! :) I have decided that its all about the mindset. If I go about my life wondering what could have been or what I could have done differently, or what I want to do with my life without taking any sort of action...in all reality in a year, two years, etc, I will still be wondering and asking myself the same questions. So, from the title of this blog, Come What May, and Love It. Make a decision, any decision. Take a chance. And whether it turns out for the best or doesnt turn out at all, at least you will know! My favorite quote as of lately, "When God pushes you to the edge of difficulty, trust him fully. Because two things can happen; either he will catch you when you fall, or he will teach you how to fly." I absolutely love this quote because honestly, God has your back. Always. He is never going to let you down, he is only going to help you climb your mountain, but as I have learned, one must want to extend a hand for help.
Anyways, I'm babbling here, but seriously. Think about it. Who do you want to be? Who are you going to decide to be? Decide. Go do something that you've always wanted to do. Or don't. Its completely up to you. But in the words of my favorite brand of clothing, and believe me when I say favorite you should see my closet....NIKE...JUST DO IT. Put your mind to something and see where it gets you. I know I have, and its taking me some serious time to change a few things, and its super scary to make decisions and take chances, but who knows, maybe in two, five, or ten years, I will be somewhere close to the person that I have decided I want to be, and not wondering who I would be if I had done something differently.
 Come what may, and LOVE IT.

Peace out homies!

No comments:

Post a Comment